Join Us / Donate
Training Institute Coordinator
The Training Institute Coordinator will work directly with the Member Support Manager to ensure robust strategies are in place to meet the ongoing needs of the sexual and domestic violence field in Virginia (including Action Alliance staff) by exploring alternative training modalities and identifying content areas in need of development.
Position specific duties include, and are not limited to:
• Content and curriculum development and maintenance
• Recruit and manage the Action Alliance Training Institute Faculty
• Work as part of a team to deliver top notch adult education opportunities
• Coordinate annual conference
• Manage training on request process
• Explore alternative training modalities and develop strategies to engage our potential audience in diverse ways
General duties include, and are not limited to:
• Engage in staff-led anti-racism and anti-oppression work
• Pursue professional development opportunities to grow individual skillsets
• Develop a relationship and provide ongoing support to a set of member Sexual and Domestic Violence Advocacy Agencies across Virginia
• Participate actively as a member of the Advocacy and Members Support Team and Action Alliance staff
• Regular statewide and some national travel
About the hiring process:
Cover letter and resume or CV must be submitted to Quillin Drew Musgrave by 10/15/2014. Interviews will be held in November with the position to be filled by 12/1/2014.
This is a full-time salaried exempt position with a flexible schedule and excellent benefits. We are seeking candidates with excellent writing and communication skills, the capacity for out of the box thinking, and those who are nimble with current technology. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years’ experience in the sexual and domestic violence field along with experience in training design and delivery.
Starting salary range is $45,000-$49,000 plus benefits.
Please submit cover letter and resume or CV by 10/15/2014 to:
Quillin Drew Musgrave at email@example.com or by mail at the address below.
c/o Action Alliance
5008 Monument Ave., Ste. A
Richmond, VA 23230
The Action Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color and people from other marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Virginia Sexual and Domestic Violence Action Alliance:
The Action Alliance has been Virginia’s leading voice on sexual and domestic violence for more than 30 years and enhances response and prevention efforts through training, public policy advocacy, public awareness programs, and technical assistance to professionals. We recognize that sexual and domestic violence are linked to other forms of oppression, which disproportionately affect women, children, and marginalized people. Understanding the great harm racism has created for individuals, families and our communities in Virginia, we are committed to building within the coalition an anti-racist framework from which to address sexual and domestic violence.