Join Us / Donate
Application due February 6, 2015
New position in a dynamic non-profit advocacy organization with a 34-year history of working on the issues of sexual and domestic violence in Virginia.
The Virginia Sexual and Domestic Violence Action Alliance is seeking a unique fund development professional who would enjoy working as part of our Executive Team, in Richmond, VA, alongside the Communications Director, Policy Director, Executive Director and Assistant to the Executive Director.
We are looking for a candidate with at least 5 years of development experience who will thrive in an environment that values diversity and social justice and who can work with us on creative solutions to the challenge of raising funds for a statewide membership organization that will not compete with member efforts to raise funds in their communities.
The Action Alliance is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and supporting a diverse staff. Those discriminated against in the traditional workplace are encouraged to apply.
Send letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 6, 2015, for consideration.
• Building Healthy Futures Fund: Coordinate the development and administration of the Building Healthy Futures Fund on behalf of the Sexual and Domestic Violence Agencies that are shareholders in the Fund. Facilitate Advisory Board meetings, develop long-range and annual plans for the Fund. Implement strategies to achieve Fund objectives. (25%)
• Action Alliance Member and Fund Development: In close collaboration with the Executive Director and the Communications and Development Group of the Governing Body, design, implement and manage fundraising activities including annual giving, membership recruitment, special projects and other Action Alliance soliciations. Participate as a member of the eTapestry Pod (an internal staff workgroup) and ensure excellent donor relations and membership retention. (25%)
• Earned Income: Promote Action Alliance services and products that earn income for the agency, significantly expanding this source of unrestricted income that can support a wide range of coalition work. Raise public awareness of the Action Alliance in collaboration with the Communications Director and work the management team to market Action Alliance trainings, resources,and related products. (20%)
• Coalition development and support: Participate as an active member of the Executive Team of the Action Alliance staff, supporting the guiding principles, mission and goals. Provide planning, oversight and coordination of Action Alliance fund development to support the achievement of strategic priorities. (20%)
• Staff Development: Pursue opportunities for professional development, education, and training. Maintain and expand expertise in coalition fund development. (10%)
Schedule and travel requirements:
This is a full-time exempt salaried position requiring a flexible schedule. Statewide and national travel is required.
This position requires knowledge of domestic and sexual violence and work of the Action Alliance as well as a minimum of 5 years of development experience. The position requires computer literacy, including experience with eTapestry or a closely related donor management system. Requires outstanding ability to organize and prioritize work, to collaborate, to participate in multi-agency efforts and to provide leadership to statewide projects. All Action Alliance staff must have a commitment to the agency mission and guiding principles and the ability to work as part of a team. This requires a commitment to cooperate with peers, participate in the group process, utilize healthy conflict resolution skills and model respectful relationships.
Salary and Benefits:
Starting Salary range is $50 -$54,000/year; Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance for employee paid by agency and 403b Retirement Plan.